Goldman Sachs is seeking an ISDA Documentation Specialist to join the Frankfurt Legal team.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Business Unit and Role Overview
This negotiator position requires experience and understanding of legal agreements and their use in OTC derivatives transactions, as well customer liaison skills. The successful applicant will be located in London or Frankfurt and integrated to the existing team currently located in London, covering OTC master agreements for the sales and trading desks (fixed income, equities and prime brokerage clients). The position has the opportunity to liaise with people at all levels and in all areas of the firm, outside counsel and our counterparts, carrying out a range of tasks culminating in the execution of appropriate documentation. Further development and training will be provided internally and externally, as required.
· Managing all German language clients’ derivatives negotiations, including priority lists, and working alongside another experienced team member
· Preparing and negotiating OTC derivatives master agreements (ISDA, German Rahmenvertrag) incorporating required credit provisions and any other special terms
· Preparing and negotiating related documentation (credit support agreements, CFD Annexes)
· Preparing and negotiating novation agreements and liaising with the appropriate internal departments for their timely implementation
· Assisting lawyers in providing internal legal advice to our various departments on German law issues related to OTC derivative products
· Preparing/maintaining files and records relating to all documents, those dispatched and those received from counterparts
· Follow-up work, both internally and with counterparts gathering comments, information, reviewing and ultimately completing agreements and preparing them for execution
· Organizing execution of completed agreements and dispatching for counterpart signatures. Follow-up work ensuring return of signed documents and completion and closing of files and records
· Minimum of 2 years of experience within the financial markets, specializing in the negotiation of OTC derivatives documentation and other legal agreements
· Knowledge of Rahmenvertrag and all associated documentation is a prerequisite
· Solid understanding of German law is also a prerequisite. German law degree preferred (First State Examination, Second State Examination, Bachelor/Master of Business Law or Diplomjurist/in)
· Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, especially under pressure; ability to prioritize
· Good interpersonal and communications skills and willingness to be part of a team
· Enthusiasm and interest in development of documentation skills and using such skills for the completion of negotiation process
· Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and develop full job ownership
· Good working knowledge of MS software packages (Word and Excel especially)
· A grounding in other types of legal work and/or the financial markets as a whole would be of major benefit
· Excellent German and English language skills are essential
Please send your application (preferably via email) to:
Goldman, Sachs & Co. oHG, Human Capital Management, Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 49, 60308 Frankfurt, E-Mail: